Friday, April 29, 2011

Macy & the Wedding

Macy cheerfully got up with me at 4:30 this morning to watch the royal wedding. After we went outside, she enjoyed her breakfast. And then...she seemed a bit quizzical.

Why was I turning on the television? Why was I sitting down? Like most dogs, Macy appreciates routine, and I was operating outside of our normal zone.

I explained how exciting all of the festivities were going to be, and although she may not have quite agreed with my perspective, she was happy to go along with a different plan.

'Alright, we can stay in this room':


'I just need a bit more rest before I can get too involved with a project at this hour':


'I do, however, support anything that involves an extra cookie':


'Hooray for the happy newlyweds! Maybe just a few more snuggles before I get up...':


Any activity, or none at all, is fine with Macy. She simply likes to be together.

I, of course, was riveted by the stunning couple (on my television screen):


And the amazing Abbey:


And the bride! The dress! Wow!


I loved it all.

I just realized that I also married @ 11am on a non-Saturday in a place of historical note, wearing Chantilly lace with my hair down. Our wedding was just a touch less grand, though, so my dress did not have quite the same scale:


I may not have become a Duchess on my wedding day, but my sweetie will always be my prince!

No comments:

Post a Comment