Sunday, March 6, 2011

Night

It was very clear that Evie wants to be with her people at all times, but our dogs do not sleep in bed with us, so I was wondering how she would do in her crate.

We followed our usual evening routine: a final outing in the yard and then bednight cookies. Each of our dogs sits next to his/her bed, receives a cookie, and then we tuck them in for the night.

I put a nice bed in her crate and invited her to get settled. She could see me in bed from her spot, and she whined for a few minutes, wondering why she was not up in the bed with me. But then my husband came into the room, and she could see that the two of us and the other dogs were all in the room with her, and she settled down.

I did not hear a peep from her all night. She woke up with the other dogs at their usual time (about seven AM), and we all started this rainy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment